If I remember right, someone has done this on a live cluster without
any issues. I seem to remember that it had a fallback mechanism if the
OSDs couldn't be reached on the cluster network to contact them on the
public network. You could test it pretty easily without much impact.
Take one OSD that has both networks and configure it and restart the
process. If all the nodes (specifically the old ones with only one
network) is able to connect to it, then you are good to go by
restarting one OSD at a time.