On 03/05/2015 07:19 PM, Josh Durgin wrote:
client.libvirt
     key: xxxx
     caps: [mon] allow r
     caps: [osd] allow class-read object_prefix rbd_children, allow rw
class-read pool=rbd

This includes everything except class-write on the pool you're using.
You'll need that so that a copy_up call (used just for clones) works.
That's what was getting a permissions error. You can use rwx for short.

Josh thanks! That was the problem indeed.

I removed class-write capability because I also use this user as the default for ceph cli commands. Without class-write this user can't erase an existing image from the pool, while at the same time being able to create new ones.

I should probably come up with a better scheme if I am to utilize cloned images.

Thanks again!

-Kostas