On 13-03-15 09:42, Andrija Panic wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have set nodeep-scrub and noscrub while I had small/slow hardware for
> the cluster.
> It has been off for a while now.
>
> Now we are upgraded with hardware/networking/SSDs and I would like to
> activate - or unset these flags.
>
> Since I now have 3 servers with 12 OSDs each (SSD based Journals) - I
> was wondering what is the best way to unset flags - meaning if I just
> unset the flags, should I expect that the SCRUB will start all of the
> sudden on all disks - or is there way to let the SCRUB do drives one by
> one...

So, I *think* that unsetting these flags will trigger a big scrub, since
all PGs have a very old last_scrub_stamp and last_deepscrub_stamp

You can verify this with:

$ ceph pg <pgid> query

A solution would be to scrub each PG manually first in a timely fashion.

$ ceph pg scrub <pgid>

That way you set the timestamps and slowly scrub each PG.

When that's done, unset the flags.

Wido