I'm looking at trialling OSD's with a small flashcache device over them to
hopefully reduce the impact of metadata updates when doing small block io.
Inspiration from here:-

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.ceph.devel/12083

One thing I suspect will happen, is that when the OSD node starts up udev
could possibly mount the base OSD partition instead of flashcached device,
as the base disk will have the ceph partition uuid type. This could result
in quite nasty corruption.

I have had a look at the Ceph udev rules and can see that something similar
has been done for encrypted OSD's. Am I correct in assuming that what I need
to do is to create a new partition uuid type for flashcached OSD's and then
create a udev rule to activate these new uuid'd OSD's once flashcache has
finished assembling them?

Many Thanks,
Nick