On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 5:57 PM, Ridwan Rashid <ridwan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 5 node ceph(v0.87) cluster and am trying to deploy hadoop with
> cephFS. I have installed hadoop-1.1.1 in the nodes and changed the
> conf/core-site.xml file according to the ceph documentation
> http://ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/hadoop/ but after changing the file the
> namenode is not starting (namenode can be formatted) but the other
> services(datanode, jobtracker, tasktracker) are running in hadoop.
>
> The default hadoop works fine but when I change the core-site.xml file as
> above I get the following bindException as can be seen from the namenode log:
>

> 2015-03-19 01:37:31,436 ERROR
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: java.net.BindException:
> Problem binding to node1/10.242.144.225:6789 : Cannot assign requested address
>

> I have one monitor for the ceph cluster (node1/10.242.144.225) and I
> included in the core-site.xml file ceph://10.242.144.225:6789 as the value
> of fs.default.name. The 6789 port is the default port being used by the
> monitor node of ceph, so that may be the reason for the bindException but
> the ceph documentation mentions that it should be included like this in the
> core-site.xml file. It would be really helpful to get some pointers to where
> I am doing wrong in the setup.

I'm a bit confused. The NameNode is only used by HDFS, and so
shouldn't be running at all if you're using CephFS. Nor do I have any
idea why you've changed anything in a way that tells the NameNode to
bind to the monitor's IP address; none of the instructions that I see
can do that, and they certainly shouldn't be.
-Greg