Hi all,

I have a ceph cluster(0.80.7) in production.
Now I encounter a bottleneck of iosp, so I want to add a cache
tier with SSDs to provide better I/O performance. Here is the procedure:
1. Create a cache pool
2. Set up a cahce tire
        ceph osd tier add cold-storage hot-storage
3. Set cache mode
        ceph osd tier cache-mode hot-storage writeback
4. Direct all client traffic from the storage pool to the cache pool
        ceph osd tier set-overlay cold-storage hot-storage

There are about 1000 vms(kvm with rbd).
Can I do this on the fly without stopping any vm?
By the way, all the datas is about 100T, is the cache tier 5T enough?

Any help, is highly appreciated.

Thanks!