On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 6:21 AM, Olivier Bonvalet <ceph.l...@daevel.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm still trying to find why there is much more write operations on
> filestore since Emperor/Firefly than from Dumpling.

Do you have any history around this? It doesn't sound familiar,
although I bet it's because of the WBThrottle and flushing changes.

> So, I add monitoring of all perf counters values from OSD.
>
> From what I see : «filestore.ops» reports an average of 78 operations
> per seconds. But, block device monitoring reports an average of 113
> operations per seconds (+45%).
> please thoses 2 graphs :
> - https://daevel.fr/img/firefly/osd-70.filestore-ops.png
> - https://daevel.fr/img/firefly/osd-70.sda-ops.png

That's unfortunate but perhaps not surprising — any filestore op can
change a backing file (which requires hitting both the file and the
inode: potentially two disk seeks), as well as adding entries to the
leveldb instance.
-Greg