On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 2:46 PM, Barclay Jameson
<almightybe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes it's the exact same hardware except for the MDS server (although I
> tried using the MDS on the old node).
> I have not tried moving the MON back to the old node.
>
> My default cache size is "mds cache size = 10000000"
> The OSDs (3 of them) have 16 Disks with 4 SSD Journal Disks.
> I created 2048 for data and metadata:
> ceph osd pool create cephfs_data 2048 2048
> ceph osd pool create cephfs_metadata 2048 2048
>

> To your point on clients competing against each other... how would I check
> that?

Do you have multiple clients mounted? Are they both accessing files in
the directory(ies) you're testing? Were they accessing the same
pattern of files for the old cluster?

If you happen to be running a hammer rc or something pretty new you
can use the MDS admin socket to explore a bit what client sessions
there are and what they have permissions on and check; otherwise
you'll have to figure it out from the client side.
-Greg