On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 9:48 AM, Adam Tygart <mo...@ksu.edu> wrote:
> What is significantly smaller? We have 67 requests in the 16,400,000
> range and 250 in the 18,900,000 range.

that explains the crash. could you help me to debug this issue.

 send /sys/kernel/debug/ceph/*/mdsc to me.

 run "echo module ceph +p > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control"
on the cephfs mount machine
 restart the mds and wait until it crash again
 run "echo module ceph -p > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control"
on the cephfs mount machine
 send kernel message of the cephfs mount machine to me (should in
/var/log/kerne.log or /var/log/message)

to recover from the crash. you can either force reset the machine
contains cephfs mount or add "mds wipe sessions = 1" to mds section of
ceph.conf

Regards
Yan, Zheng