Hi guys,

I have 1 SSD that hosted 6 OSD's Journals, that is dead, so 6 OSD down,
ceph rebalanced etc.

Now I have new SSD inside, and I will partition it etc - but would like to
know, how to proceed now, with the journal recreation for those 6 OSDs that
are down now.

Should I flush journal (where to, journals doesnt still exist...?), or just
recreate journal from scratch (making symboliv links again: ln -s
/dev/$DISK$PART /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-$ID/journal) and starting OSDs.

I expect the folowing procedure, but would like confirmation please:

rm /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-$ID/journal -f (sym link)
ln -s /dev/SDAxxx /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-$ID/journal
ceph-osd -i $ID --mkjournal
ll /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-$ID/journal
service ceph start osd.$ID

Any thought greatly appreciated !