De : ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com] De la part de Mark
Kirkwood
Envoyé : jeudi 7 mai 2015 11:24
À : ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
Objet : Re: [ceph-users] Rados Gateway and keystone

On 07/05/15 20:21, ghislain.cheval...@orange.com wrote:
> HI all,
>
> After adding the nss and the keystone admin url  parameters in ceph.conf and
> creating the openSSL certificates, all is working well.
>
> If I had followed the doc and processed by copy/paste, I wouldn't have
> encountered any problems.
>
> As all is working well without this set of parameters using the swift API and
> keystone, It would be helpful if the page
> http://ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/keystone/  was more precise according to
> this implementation.
>
> Best regards

The difference is that (in particular with the v2 protocol) swift clients talk
to keystone to a) authenticate and b) find the swift storage endpoint (even if
it is actually pointing to rgw).

In contrast s3 clients will talk directly to the rgw, and *it* will talk to
kesystone to check the client's s3 credentials fir them. That's why rgw need to
have "rgw s3 auth use keystone" and similar parameters.

Cheers

Mark

falsifie. Merci.

this message and its attachments.