Pavel,

unfortunately there isn't a way to rename a pool usign its ID as I have learned myself the hard way since I 've faced a few months ago the exact same issue.

It would be a good idea for developers to also include a way to manipulate (rename, delete, etc.) pools using the ID which is definitely unique and in my opinion would be error-resistant or at least less susceptible to errors.

In order to succeed what you want try the command:

rados rmpool "" "" --yes-i-really-really-mean-it

which will actually remove the problematic pool, as shown here : http://cephnotes.ksperis.com/blog/2014/10/29/remove-pool-without-name .

To be fair and give credits everywhere this solution was also suggested to me at the IRC channel by "debian112" at that time.

Best regards,

George