From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com] On Behalf Of Daniel
Schneller
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:11 PM
To: ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Very chatty MON logs: Is this "normal"?

On 2015-06-17 18:52:51 +0000, Somnath Roy said:

> This is presently written from log level 1 onwards :-) So, only log
> level 0 will not log this..
> Try, 'debug_mon = 0/0' in the conf file..

Yeah, once I had sent the mail I realized that "1" in the log line was the
level. Had overlooked that before.
However, I'd rather not set the level to 0/0, as that would disable all logging
from the MONs.

> Now, I don't have enough knowledge on that part to say whether it is
> important enough to log at log level 1 , sorry :-(

That would indeed be an interesting to know.
Judging from the sheer amount, at least I have my doubts, because the cluster
seems to be running without any issues. So I figure at least it isn't
indicative of an immediate issue.

Anyone with a little more definitve knowledge around? Should I create a bug
ticket for this?

Cheers,
Daniel

PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is
intended only for the use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received this message in error and that any review,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by
telephone or e-mail (as shown above) immediately and destroy any and all copies
of this message in your possession (whether hard copies or electronically
stored copies).