Hi all,

I'm using CephFS on Hammer and I've 1.5 million files , 2 metadata servers in
active/standby configuration with 8 GB of RAM , 20 clients with 2 GB of RAM
each and 2 OSD nodes with 4 80GB osd and 4GB of RAM.
?I've noticed that if I kill the active metadata server the second one took
about 10 to 30 minutes to switch from rejoin to active state.On the rejoin
server while that is in rejoin state I can see ceph allocating RAM.

Here my configuration:

[global]
        fsid = 2de7b17f-0a3e-4109-b878-c035dd2f7735
        mon_initial_members = cephmds01
        mon_host = 10.29.81.161
        auth_cluster_required = cephx
        auth_service_required = cephx
        auth_client_required = cephx
        public network = 10.29.81.0/24
        tcp nodelay = true
        tcp rcvbuf = 0
        ms tcp read timeout = 600

        #Capacity
        mon osd full ratio = .95
        mon osd nearfull ratio = .85

[osd]
        osd journal size = 1024
        journal dio = true
        journal aio = true

        osd op threads = 2
        osd op thread timeout = 60
        osd disk threads = 2
        osd recovery threads = 1
        osd recovery max active = 1
        osd max backfills = 2

        # Pool
        osd pool default size = 2

        #XFS
        osd mkfs type = xfs
        osd mkfs options xfs = "-f -i size=2048"
        osd mount options xfs = "rw,noatime,inode64,logbsize=256k,delaylog"

        #FileStore Settings
        filestore xattr use omap = false
        filestore max inline xattr size = 512
        filestore max sync interval = 10
        filestore merge threshold = 40
        filestore split multiple = 8
        filestore flusher = false
        filestore queue max ops = 2000
        filestore queue max bytes = 536870912
        filestore queue committing max ops = 500
        filestore queue committing max bytes = 268435456
        filestore op threads = 2

[mds]
        max mds = 1
        mds cache size = 250000