On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 08:57:23 +0200 Udo Lembke wrote:

> Hi Christian,
> for my setup "b" takes too long - too much data movement and stress to
> all nodes. I have simply (with replica 3) "set noout", reinstall one
> node (with new filesystem on the OSDs, but leave them in the crushmap)
> and start all OSDs (at friday night) - takes app. less than one day for
> rebuild (11*4TB 1*8TB). Do also stress the other nodes, but less than
> with weigting to zero.

I will hopefully have a good idea of what times and impacts I'm looking at
after a).
But I think that doing a massive push-pull like that will be too long
for the maintenance windows we have, also the number of OSDs will change in
the old nodes.

Christian

ch...@gol.com           Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications
http://www.gol.com/