Hi!

>Meaning you're limited to 360MB/s writes per node at best.

We use ceph as OpenNebula rbd datastote for running VMs,
so bandwith constraints are not as important as iops limits.

>I use 1:2 or 1:3 journals and haven't made any dent into
>my 200GB S3700 yet.

We started to move nodes one-by-one from oldes Firefly installation
to newer Hammer, and, as a part of this process, remove 2 OSDs
fron every node, add second ssd for journals and move system
volume on separate 2disk mirror. So it will be 1:5 ratio soon.

>As I wrote a few days ago, unless you go for the 400GB version the the
>200GB S3710 is actually slower (for journal purposes) than the 3700, as
>sequential write speed is the key factor here.

Yes, I know, but there are no any 200Gb S3700 at our HW supplier - only S3710.
:|
So we have to use them anyway.

Megov Igor
CIO, Yuterra