From: "Vickey Singh" <vickey.singh22...@gmail.com>
To: ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 8, 2015 6:19:24 AM
Subject: [ceph-users] Extra RAM use as Read Cache

Hello Experts ,

I want to increase my Ceph cluster's read performance.

I have several OSD nodes having 196G RAM. On my OSD nodes Ceph just uses 15-20
GB of RAM.

So, can i instruct Ceph to make use of the remaining 150GB+ RAM as read cache.
So that it should cache data in RAM and server to clients very fast.

I hope if this can be done, i can get a good read performance boost.

By the way we have a LUSTRE cluster , that uses extra RAM as read cache and we
can get upto 2.5GBps read performance. I am looking someone to do with Ceph.

- Vickey -