On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 2:34 PM, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG
<s.pri...@profihost.ag> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while we're happy running ceph firefly in production and also reach
> enough 4k read iop/s for multithreaded apps (around 23 000) with qemu 2.2.1.
>
> We've now a customer having a single threaded application needing around
> 2000 iop/s but we don't go above 600 iop/s in this case.
>
> Any tuning hints for this case?

If the application really wants 2000 sync IOPS to disk without any
parallelism, I don't think any network storage system is likely to
satisfy him — that's only half a millisecond per IO. 600 IOPS is about
the limit of what the OSD can do right now (in terms of per-op
speeds), and although there is some work being done to improve that
it's not going to be in a released codebase for a while.

Or perhaps I misunderstood the question?