On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Jan Schermer <j...@schermer.cz> wrote:
> I get that, even though I think it should be handled more gracefuly.
> But is it expected to also lead to consistency issues like this?

I don't think it's expected, but obviously we never reproduced it in
the lab. Given that dumpling is EOL and the huge number of changes in
all this code since then, I don't think you should expect anybody to
figure out why it broke, though. :/

> I think this is exactly what we're hitting right now
> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/6101 except I have no idea why it also
> happens on a freshly backfilled OSD...

Yeah, probably the backfill went through a different path that didn't
fail but copied the bad data over. You could try using the patches on
that ticket to get things up and running again...
-Greg