At this time, it appears that oVirt is pursuing a strategy of Ceph/RBD
integration by proxy of OpenStack.  There is a feature scheduled for oVirt 4 to
integrate with Cinder, specifically calling-out the RBD use-case [1].

On the iSCSI front, RBD should be functional with STGT and LIO in
active/passive mode.  There is active development to add support for RBD+LIO
active/active [2].  The disadvantage of the iSCSI design is that it adds an
extra hop between your VMs and the backing Ceph cluster.

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Cinder_Integration
[2] http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph/wiki/Clustered_SCSI_target_using_RBD

--

Jason Dillaman