Hey cephers,

Before we all head off to various holiday shenanigans and befuddle our
senses with rest, relaxation, and glorious meals of legend, I wanted
to give you something to look forward to for 2016 in the form of Ceph
Tech Talks!

http://ceph.com/ceph-tech-talks/

First on the docket in January is our rescheduled talk from earlier
this year discussing a PostgreSQL setup on Ceph under Mesos/Aurora
with Docker. That should be a great talk that hits a lot of the
questions I am frequently asked about database workloads, ceph, and
containers all in one.

While I haven’t solidified the specific speaker/date/time, our plans
for February are to dig in to the immanent release of CephFS (hooray!)
in Jewel. We’ll take a look at what awesomeness is being delivered,
and where CephFS is headed next.

March is wide open, so if you or someone you know would like to give a
Ceph Tech Talk, I’d love to find a community volunteer to talk about a
technical topic that is Ceph-related for about an hour over
videoconference. Please drop me a line if this is interesting to you.

In April we will once again be visiting the OpenStack Developer Summit
(this time in TX), as well as working to deliver a Ceph track like we
did in Tokyo. My hope is to broadcast some of this content for
consumption by remote participants. Keep an eye out!

If you have any questions about upcoming events or community endeavors
please feel free to drop me a line. Thanks!

--

Best Regards,

Patrick McGarry
Director Ceph Community || Red Hat