Do the client key have access to the base pool? Something similar bit
us when adding a caching tier. Since the cache tier may be proxying
all the I/O, the client may not have had access to the base pool and
it still worked ok. Once you removed the cache tier, it could no
longer access the pool.
Robert LeBlanc
PGP Fingerprint 79A2 9CA4 6CC4 45DD A904  C70E E654 3BB2 FA62 B9F1