Le 10/02/16 03:55, Matt Taylor a écrit :
We are using Dell R730XD's with 2 x Internal SAS in Raid 1 for OS. 24 x 400GB SSD.

PERC H730P Mini is being used with non-RAID passthrough for the SSD's.

CPU and RAM specs aren't really needed to be known as you can do whatever you want, however I would recommend minimum of 2 x quad's and at least 48GB of RAM.

NICS are 4 x 10G (2 x 10 bonded for cluster, 2 x bonded for public). Naturally, you have the 4 x 1G on-board too.

Performance is very good for us.

Quite the same here too, with a mix of R730xd for capacity tier (Pure mechanical 8 Gb drives) and 2xR630 for SSD tier.

1 problem to be aware of :

-> We have "write intensive" Dell-branded SanDisk OEM (LT0400MO), and there is a problem with stock firmware : When used with H730P in raid0 mode, it works like a charm. When put in HBA mode, as soon as you start to write data, you have almost immediately SCSI write errors with the disk marked faulty, an then it's a brick :/ . Firmware D413 fixed the problem ("faulty" disks were changed)

So before doing extensive tests, if drives are of this model, make sure you have latest firmware :)

Cheers,
Yann