On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 2:21 AM, Александр Шишенко <gamepa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a development cluster of three OSD's. My aim is to make a
> secondary replica recover from another secondary replica (not
> primary). Is it possible to do so with minor changes to ceph-osd
> source code? Are ceph algorithms compatible with these changes?

I'm not sure what you mean by these statements. While we have a
primary and replicas in Ceph, that status is ephemeral — if the
primary disappears, one of the replicas will become primary. Recovery
is orchestrated and largely involves whichever node is currently the
primary, but if the primary is unsuitable for that it maps one of the
secondary replicas to be primary for the duration of the recovery...
-Greg