On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 7:44 AM, Dzianis Kahanovich
<maha...@bspu.unibel.by> wrote:
> I have (second time) stuck mds warning: "Behind on trimming (63/30)". Looks
> working. What it mean and how to avoid it? And how to fix (exclude
> stop/migrate
> active mds)?

The MDS has a metadata journal, whose length is measured in
"segments", and it is trimmed when the number of segments gets greater
than a certain limit.  The warning is telling you that the journal is
meant to be trimmed after 30 segments, but you currently have 63
segments.

This can happen when something (including a client) is failing to
properly clean up after itself, and leaving extra references to
something in one of the older segments.  In fact, a bug in the kernel
client was the original motivation for adding this warning message.

John

> Looks happened both time at night - probably on long backup/write operations
> (something like compressed local root backup to cephfs). Also all local mounts
> inside cluster (fuse) moved to automout to reduce clients pressure. Still 5
> permanent kernel clients.
>
> Now I remount all but 1 kernel clients. Message persist.

There's probably a reason you haven't already done this, but the next
logical debug step would be to try unmounting that last kernel client
(and mention what version it is)

John