This is how we use ceph/ radosgw.  I'd say our cluster is not that
reliable, but it's probably mostly our fault (no SSD journals, etc).

However, note that deletes are very slow in ceph. We put millions of
objects in very quickly and they are verrry slow to delete again especially
from RGW because it has to update the index too.

-Ben