I would start here.
https://www.redhat.com/en/resources/red-hat-ceph-storage-hardware-configuration-guide

//Tu

    _____________________________
From: Michael Ferguson <fergu...@eastsidemiami.com>
Sent: Monday, May 2, 2016 12:30 PM
Subject: [ceph-users] Lab Newbie Here: Where do I start?
To:  <ceph-users@lists.ceph.com>

G’Day All,

I have two old Promise Vtrak E310s JBOBs (still with support) each with 4 600GB
Seagate SAS HDD and 8 2TB SATA HDD and two old HP DL360.

While I am seeing so many ceph-deploy this and ceph-deploy that, I have not
found any help that starts with the hardware.

There seem to be lots of assumption about the hardware.

Can anyone provide some directional oversight on getting the hardware going so
as to accept ceph in a HA setting?

                For example, how should all these drives be provisioned on each
VTrak example and served up to the HP DL360, RAID or no Raid?

                I plan to use CentOS

                Once ceph is installed and has control of the storage from the
VTraks I plan to install VirtualBox or Oracle VM or VMware or anything else
that I can use at zero or minimum cost.

                I am not adverse to paying for some instructional help in this
regard.

Please advise

Ferguson,

“First, your place, and then, the world’s”

“Good work ain’t cheap, and cheap work ain’t good”
fergu...@eastsidemiami.com