Hello,

first of all, wall of text. Don't do that.
Use returns and paragraphs liberally to make reading easy.
I'm betting at least half of the people who could have answered you
question took a look at this blob of text and ignored it.

Secondly, search engines are your friend.
The first hit when googling for "ceph ssd journal failure" is this gem:
http://ceph.com/planet/ceph-recover-osds-after-ssd-journal-failure/

Loosing a journal SSD will at most cost you the data on all associated
OSDs and thus the recovery/backfill traffic, if you don't feel like doing
what the link above describes.

Ceph will not acknowledge a client write before all journals (replica
size, 3 by default) have received the data, so loosing one journal SSD
will NEVER result in an actual data loss.

Christian

ch...@gol.com           Global OnLine Japan/Rakuten Communications
http://www.gol.com/