Hi,

i had the 250 GB Samsung PRO. They suck for journals because they are
super slow in the - for ceph - required dsync.

Have a look at

https://www.sebastien-han.fr/blog/2014/10/10/ceph-how-to-test-if-your-ssd-is-suitable-as-a-journal-device/

for more informations.

I advice you also to drop this 1 TB desktop SSD's. All this kind of
SSD's can usually not provide reliable IOPS. They can peak a lot for a
short amount of time, but then they die away under pressure ( even below
7200 RPM rotating hdd's ).

Good luck with your testing !

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Oliver Dzombic
IP-Interactive

mailto:i...@ip-interactive.de

Anschrift:

IP Interactive UG ( haftungsbeschraenkt )
Zum Sonnenberg 1-3
63571 Gelnhausen

HRB 93402 beim Amtsgericht Hanau
Geschäftsführung: Oliver Dzombic