> Current cluster health:
>    cluster 537a3e12-95d8-48c3-9e82-91abbfdf62e0
>     health HEALTH_WARN
>            5 pgs degraded
>            8 pgs down
>            48 pgs incomplete
>            3 pgs recovering
>            1 pgs recovery_wait
>            76 pgs stale
>            5 pgs stuck degraded
>            48 pgs stuck inactive
>            76 pgs stuck stale
>            53 pgs stuck unclean
>            5 pgs stuck undersized
>            5 pgs undersized

First I have to remark on you having 7 mons.  Your cluster is very small - many
clusters with hundreds of OSD’s are happy with 5.  At the Vancouver OpenStack
summer there was a discussion re number of mons, there was consensus that 5 is
generally plenty and that with 7+ the traffic among them really starts being
excessive.  YMMV of course.

Assuming you have size on your pools set to 3 and min_size set to 2, this might
be one of those times where temporarily setting min_size on the pools to 1 does
the trick or at least helps.  I suspect in your case it wouldn’t completely
heal the cluster but it might improve it and allow recovery to proceed.  Later
you’d revert to the usual setting for obvious reasons.

— Anthony