I played with it enough to make it work.

Basically i created the directory it was going to put the data in
mkdir /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-22

Then I ran ceph-deploy activate which then did a little bit more into
putting it in the cluster but it still didn't start because of permissions
with the journal.

Some of the permissions were set to ceph:ceph I tried the new permissions
but it failed to start, and after reading a mailing list a reboot may have
fixed that.
Anyway I ran chown -R root:root ceph-22 and after that is started.

I still need to fix permissions but I am happy I got it in atleast.

--Scott