Hello,

You only need a create a pool and authentication in Ceph for cinder.

Your configuration should be like this (This is an example configuration
with Ceph Jewel and Openstack Mitaka):

[DEFAULT]
enabled_backends = ceph
[ceph]
volume_driver = cinder.volume.drivers.rbd.RBDDriver
rbd_pool = volumes
rbd_ceph_conf = /etc/ceph/ceph.conf
rbd_flatten_volume_from_snapshot = false
rbd_max_clone_depth = 5
rbd_store_chunk_size = 4
rados_connect_timeout = -1
glance_api_version = 2
rbd_user = cinder
rbd_secret_uuid = c35bd3d8-ec12-2052-9672d-334824635616

And then, remove the cinder database, recreate and poblate with
"cinder-manage db sync". Finally restart the cinder services and everything
should work fine.

Regards,
Fran.