> Op 11 augustus 2016 om 0:10 schreef Sean Sullivan <seapasu...@uchicago.edu>:
>

> I think it just got worse::
>
> all three monitors on my other cluster say that ceph-mon can't open
> /var/lib/ceph/mon/$(hostname). Is there any way to recover if you lose all
> 3 monitors? I saw a post by Sage saying that the data can be recovered as
> all of the data is held on other servers. Is this possible? If so has
> anyone had any experience doing so?

I have never done so, so I couldn't tell you.

However, it is weird that on all three it got corrupted. What hardware are you
using? Was it properly protected against power failure?

If you mon store is corrupted I'm not sure what might happen.

However, make a backup of ALL monitors right now before doing anything.

Wido