Folks,

I have some services that depends on RBD images getting
mounted prior to service start-up. I am having a really
hard time getting out of systemd dependency hell.

* I create a run-once systemd service that basically does
  the rbd map operation, and set it start after network.target,
  network-online.target, and ceph.target (probably overkill)
* I added 'x-systemd.requires=<rbd map service>' to the
  mount-point in /etc/fstab

And when the system reboot, it'd complain about ordering
cycle and sometimes resulting in rescue mode. Because the
filesystem is 'xfs', I believe systemd-fstab-generator
classifies the mount-point as 'local-fs'. Is there a way
to force a 'remote-fs' reclassification? Or is there some
other way to get out of this ordering nightmare... Old
school 'S' and 'K' numbers are *so* simple; I'd trade
consistency for speed any day.

Thanks for any suggestion or insight.

-kc
BTW, I disable NetworkManager which, I know, kind of breaks
network-online.target.

K.C. Wong
kcw...@verseon.com
4096R/B8995EDE  E527 CBE8 023E 79EA 8BBB  5C77 23A6 92E9 B899 5EDE
hkps://hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net