Hi All

Kernel client: 4.6.4-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64
MDS version: 10.2.2
OS: CentOS 7

I have Cephfs mounted on a few servers, I see the following in the log
approx every 20 secs on all of them:

kernel: ceph: mds0 caps went stale, renewing
kernel: ceph: mds0 caps stale
kernel: ceph: mds0 caps renewed

I'm trying to debug a few intermittent nfs related issues (which may or may
not be cephfs related) and I'm just wondering if these lines are anything
to worry about.

I've mounted on a server that is almost completely idle and I'm still
seeing those lines every 20 secs.

Ceph health is OK and the MDS server seems pretty happy although I am
occasionally seeing some "closing stale session" lines in the ceph-mds log but
I think that's a separate issue.

Thanks,
David