On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 2:43 PM, Nikolay Borisov <ker...@kyup.com> wrote:

> [snipped]
>
> cat /sys/bus/rbd/devices/47/client_id
> client157729
> cat /sys/bus/rbd/devices/1/client_id
> client157729
>
> Client client157729 is alxc13, based on correlation by the ip address
> shown by the rados -p ... command. So it's the only client where the rbd
> images are mapped.

Well, the watches are there, but cookie numbers indicate that they may
have been re-established, so that's inconclusive.

My suggestion would be to repeat the test and do repeated freezes to
see if snapshot continues to follow HEAD.

Further, to rule out a missed snap context update, repeat the test, but
stick

# echo 1 >/sys/bus/rbd/devices/<ID_OF_THE_ORIG_DEVICE>/refresh

after "rbd snap create" (for the today's test, ID_OF_THE_ORIG_DEVICE
would be 47).

Thanks,

                Ilya