Fairly new to ceph so please excuse any misused terminology.  We're currently
exploring the use of ceph as a replacement storage backend for an existing
application.  The existing application has 2 requirements which seemingly can
be met individually by using librados and the Ceph Object Gateway multisite
support, but it seems cannot be met together.  These are:

1.       The ability to append to an existing object and read from any
offset/length within the object, (the librados API allows this, the S3 and
Swift APIs do not appear to support this).

2.       The ability to replicate data between 2 geographically separate
locations.  I.e. 2 separate ceph clusters using the multisite support of the
Ceph Object Gateway to replicate between them.

Specifically we're testing using librados to write directly to the object store
because we need the ability to append to objects, which using the librados API
allows.  However if one writes to the object store directly using the librados
API is it correct to assume that those objects will not be replicated to the
other zone by the Ceph Object Gateway since its being taken out of the data
path?

Thanks,
Paul
for the use of the addressee(s).

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify so to the sender by e-mail
and delete the original message.

In such cases, please notify us immediately at i...@infinite.com . Further, you
are not to copy,

disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any unauthorized
person(s) .Any such actions are

considered unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infinite has taken every
reasonable precaution to minimize

this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any
virus in this e-mail. You should

carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachments.
Infinite reserves the right to monitor

and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address.
Messages sent to or from this e-mail

address may be stored on the Infinite e-mail system.

***INFINITE******** End of Disclaimer********INFINITE********