Ranjan,

If you unmount the file system on both nodes and then gracefully stop the
Ceph services (or even yank the network cable for that node), what state is
your cluster in? Are you able to do a basic rados bench write and read?

How are you mounting CephFS, through the Kernel or Fuse client? Have you
tested with both to see if you get the same issue with blocked requests?

When you say an OSD on each node, are we talking about literally 1 OSD
daemon on each node? What is the storage behind that?