On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 5:09 PM, Stephen Horton <short...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thank you John. Both my Openstack hosts and the VMs are all running
> 4.4.0-38-generic #57-Ubuntu SMP x86_64. I can see no evidence that any of the
> VMs are holding large numbers of files open. If this is likely a client bug,
> is there some process I can follow to file a bug report?

It might be worthwhile to file a bug report with Ubuntu, as they'd be
the ones who would ideally backport fixes to their stable kernels (in
this instance it's hard to know if this is a bug in the latest kernel
code or something fixed since 4.4).

It would be really useful if you could try installing the latest
released kernel on the clients and see if the issue persists: if so
then a ticket on tracker.ceph.com will be a priority for us to fix.

CCing Zheng -- are there any noteworthy fixes between 4.4 and latest
kernel that might be relevant?

John