Le 11 octobre 2016 15:10:22 GMT+02:00, David Turner
<david.tur...@storagecraft.com> a écrit :

>This is terrifying to think about increasing that threshold. You may
>have enough system resources while running healthy, but when
>recovering, especially during peering, your memory usage can more than
>double. If you have too many pgs per osd and/or too many osds per
>machine based on how much memory you have in each host you very well
>could end up in an eternal peering situation. Peering causes more
>memory usage, the Linux OOM killer is killing your osds causing more
>peering, and the only way to get out of the situation is running to the
>datacenter with buckets of RAM.

If the problem is memory, then I don't understand the point of the warning. If
you have multiple osds sharing the same server, you can feel safe by being
below the threshold while being at risk of not having enough ram if hundreds of
pgs on multple osd starts to peer at the same time.

What am I missing here ?

What is the right amount of RAM for a pg, since that looks like the right
metric (for this issue) ?

Thomas Hamel