From: jdavidli...@gmail.com [mailto:jdavidli...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of J David
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 1:27 PM
To: Steve Taylor <steve.tay...@storagecraft.com>
Cc: ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] Out-of-date RBD client libraries

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Steve Taylor
<steve.tay...@storagecraft.com<mailto:steve.tay...@storagecraft.com>> wrote:
Recently we tested an upgrade from 0.94.7 to 10.2.3 and found exactly the
opposite. Upgrading the clients first worked for many operations, but we got
"function not implemented" errors when we would try to clone RBD snapshots.

Yes, we have seen “function not implemented” in the past as well when
connecting new clients to old clusters.

you must keep your CRUSH tunables at firefly or hammer until the clients are
upgraded.

Not that I am proposing to try it, but… or else what?

Whatever the “or else!” is, the same would apply, I assume, to connecting old
clients to a brand-new jewel cluster which would have been created with jewel
tunables in the first place?

Thanks!

________________________________

[cid:image8cec56.JPG@f605432c.4b8508fe]<https://storagecraft.com>       Steve
Taylor | Senior Software Engineer | StorageCraft Technology
Corporation<https://storagecraft.com>
380 Data Drive Suite 300 | Draper | Utah | 84020
Office: 801.871.2799 |

If you are not the intended recipient of this message or received it
erroneously, please notify the sender and delete it, together with any
attachments, and be advised that any dissemination or copying of this message
is prohibited.