Hi,

does the CephFS kernel module (as of kernel version 4.8.8) support
parallel reads of file stripes?
When an application requests a 500MB block from a file (which is
splitted into multiple objects and stripes on different OSDs) at once,
does the CephFS kernel client request these blocks in parallel?

My benchmarks suggest it does not (there is no significant difference
in throughput whether I'm reading a file in chunks of 64 KB, 500 MB or
1 GB blocks).
In the architecture docs [1] under the protocol section data striping
and the resulting performance gains are explained - but I'm not sure
if this means that this optimization is already implemented in the
current CephFS kernel module or not.

[1] http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/architecture/#data-striping

Thanks,
Andreas