FWIW, this is still required with Jewel 10.2.5. It sounded like it was
finally fixed from the release notes, but i had the same issue. Fortunately
Micha's steps are easy and fix it right up.

In my case i didn't think i had any mixed RGWs - was planning to stop them
all first -  but i had forgotten about my monitoring system which runs
'radosgw-admin' -- that part upgraded first, before i'd stopped any of my
Infernalis RGW's.

-Ben