Hi,

we have a 6 node ceph 10.2.3 cluster on centos 7.2 servers, currently no
hosting any rbds or anything else. MONs are on the OSD nodes.

My question is as centos 7.3 is out now for some time and there is a
ceph update to 10.2.5 available, what would be a good or the best path
to update everything?

First the OS or first ceph? What steps are recommended in the future
when the cluster is in productive use? For the kernel update the nodes
have to be rebooted; what happens during that downtime of a node to the
cluster?

I read the
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/jewel/install/upgrading-ceph/#upgrade-procedures
and it looks quiet simple ... doing the "yum update" and "ceph restart ..."

Thanks for feedback and suggestions and happy 2017 . Götz