Hi,

This email is better suited for the 'ceph-users' list (CC'ed).

You'll likely find more answers there.

  -Joao

On 01/20/2017 04:33 PM, hen shmuel wrote:
im new to Ceph and i want to build ceph storage cluster at my work site,
to provide NAS services to are clients, as NFS to are linux servers
clients, and as CIFS to are windows servers clients, to my understanding
in order to do that with ceph i need to:

 1. build a full ceph storage cluster
 2. create CephFS "volumes" on my ceph cluster
 3. mount the CephFS to a linux server that will be used as a "gateway"
    for export the CephFS as NFS to linux servers and as CIFS to windows
    servers
 4. on my linux "gateway" server i need to install NFS server and SMB
    Server to do the export part
 5. in order to overcome the "single point of failure" with this linux
    "gateway" server in will need to build a cluster of them and use
    clustered NFS Server and CTBD or something like that

i wanted to know if i understand it properly and if this is the right
way to do that or if there is a simplified way to achieved NAS services
like i want.

thanks for any help!