Gregory Farnum wrote:
: On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 6:46 AM, Jan Kasprzak <k...@fi.muni.cz> wrote:
: >         Hello, world!\n
: >
: > I have been using CEPH RBD for a year or so as a virtual machine storage
: > backend, and I am thinking about moving our another subsystem to CEPH:
: >
: > The subsystem in question is a simple replicated object storage,
: > currently implemented by a custom C code by yours truly. My question
: > is whether implementing such a thing on top of a CEPH RADOS pool and
librados
: > is feasible, and what layout and optimizations would you suggest.
: >
: > Our object storage indexes object with a numeric ID. The access methods
: > involve creating, reading and deleting objects. Objects are never modified
: > in place, they are instead deleted and an object with a new ID is created.
: > We also keep a hash of an object contents and use it to prevent bit rot
: > - the objects are scrubbed periodically, and if a checksum mismatch is
: > discovered, the object is restored from another replica.
: >
: > Here is some statistics from our biggest instance of the object storage:
: >
: > objects stored: 100_000_000
: > < 1024 bytes:    10_000_000
: > 1k-64k bytes:    80_000_000
: > 64k-4M bytes:    10_000_000
: > 4M-256M bytes:    1_000_000
: >> 256M bytes:        10_000
: > biggest object:   15 GBytes
: >
: > Would it be feasible to put 100M to 1G objects as a native RADOS objects
: > into a single pool?
:
: This is well outside the object size RADOS is targeted or tested with;
: I'd expect issues. You might want to look at libradosstriper from the
: requirements you've mentioned.

        OK, thanks! Is there any documentation for libradosstriper?
I am looking for something similar to librados documentation:
http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/api/librados/

        Thanks!

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/                         GPG: 4096R/A45477D5 |