Hi Andrei,

i don't think so.
The future way to support Ceph in Xencenter is the kernel.

Xencenter is based on .... centOS, and centOS is the downstream of RHE.
This means that some day in the future the kernel of RHE will be already compiled to completly support RADOS.
At that time having ceph working will be easy as having NFS working.

Xen is just the software and work already with CEPH if you setup a server by yourself with some linux distribution.
XenServer is the adhoc Linux distribution, with a kernel personalized.
Which makes install 3rd parts componets harder.

The fact that is based on CentOS is why more-or-less you can let this work.
However nobody know why should be as painfull as this.
Ceph is already well supported by all the  main Linux distribution.
In xenserver it seems that they just forgot to includes some RPMs and don't want to let you use it. (while 4 years ago claimed that they are goona to support it in the near future).

This is so bad.

Andrei, are you using Ceph at the moment?