Hello,
One of the nodes in our 14 node cluster is offline and before I totally commit
to fully removing the node from the cluster (there is a chance I can get the
node back in working order in the next few days) I would like to run the
cluster with that single node out for a few days.

Currently I have the. noout and nodown flags set while doing the maintenance
work.

Some users are complaining about disconnects and other oddities when try to
save and access files currently on the cluster.

I am also seeing some blocked requests when viewing the cluster status (at this
point I see 160 block requests spread over 15 to 20 osd’s).

Currently I have a replication level of 3 on this pool and a min_size of 1.

My question is this…is there a better method to use (other than using noout and
nodown) in this scenario where I do not want data movement yet…but I do want
the reads and writes to the cluster to to respond as normally as possible for
the end users?

Thanks in advance,

Shain