Greg, thanks for the reply.
True that i cant provide enough information to know what happened since the
pool is gone.

But based on your experience, can i please take some of your time, and give
me the TOP 5 fo what could happen / would be the reason to happen what
hapened to that pool (or any pool) that makes Ceph (maybe hapened
specifically in Hammer ) to behave like that ?

Information that i think will be of value, is that the cluster was 5 nodes
large, running "0.94.6-1trusty" i added two nodes running the latest
"0.94.9-1trusty" and replication into those new disks never ended, since i
saw WEIRD errors on the new OSDs, so i thought that packages needed to be
the same, so i "apt-get upgraded" the 5 old nodes without restrting
nothing, so rebalancing started to happen without errors (WEIRD).

after these two nodes reached 100% of the disks weight, the cluster worked
perfectly for about two weeks, till this happened.
After the resolution from my first email, everything has been working
perfect.

thanks for the responses.