Especially if you are planning to remove the old pool after you migrate,
you shouldn't have any problems with this plan.  If you were going to leave
both running indefinitely, then I'd recommend calculating out how many PGs
you should add based on how many OSDs you have.  Based on your numbers, you
might have too few PGs in your cluster, but adding 1024 temporarily should
not be an issue.